Prostatitis is one of the most common urological diseases. If the disease was once considered age-related, now medical statistics confirm that the disease is "getting younger".
It is very important to start treatment in a timely manner so that the inflammation does not become chronic and does not lead to complications.
They help to deal with this taskpills for prostatitis. . . They help to reduce inflammation, edema, restore normal urination and potency.
Which medications will be effective in each case is determined by the doctor based on the following factors:
- the severity of the disease;
- the patient's age;
- the presence of concomitant pathologies;
- contraindications to the use of the drug.
As a rule, pills are prescribed at the first signs of inflammation and become the basis for complex therapy.
The funds needed for therapy are determined based on test results that clarify the nature and form of the disease: infectious or non-infectious, acute or chronic.
Sometimes drugs with a broad spectrum of action are used to eliminate all possible causes and symptoms of prostate inflammation.
Pill treatment regimens
- Acute infectious prostatitiscaused by Escherichia coli, pseudomonas, Klebsiella, enterococci: antibiotics of the groups of fluoroquinols or tetracyclines, with a complex course - cephalosporins. If the disease is complicated by concomitant genital infections, additional specific treatment is prescribed.
- Non-infectious prostatitis: symptomatic drugs to relieve swelling of the gland, urethral spasm to normalize fluid flow and pain relief.
- Chronic infectious: antibiotics for two weeks.
- Latent prostatitis: antimicrobial agents for 14 days.
Types of pills for prostatitis
Prostatitis cannot be defeated by self-medication, so if symptoms appear, you need to see a doctor for a competent therapy regimen.
For a comprehensive solution to the problem, doctors prescribe not one type of medicine, but several that affect the causes of the disease and have a short-term effect.
Antibiotics are the basic treatment for acute and chronic infectious inflammation:
- Penicillins. . . It is necessary to take into account its side effects, which manifest themselves in the form of allergic rashes, headaches, tinnitus, lethargy and fatigue.
- Fluoroquinols, which are effective in the chronic form.
- Tetracyclines. . . There are contraindications for patients with leukopenia and kidney disease.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
They are indicated to relieve active inflammation and severe pain in the lower abdomen and in the perineum. Antispasmodics and muscle relaxants not only improve the patient's well-being, but also increase blood flow in the prostate, stimulating fluid outflow.
They are effective in chronic prostatitis, but are contraindicated in people with myasthenia gravis, gastric ulcer. It can cause allergies.
If a patient suffers from severe paroxysmal pain, doctors prescribe painkillers in a certain dosage so as not to cause side effects, whose list for these drugs is impressive.
These pills are used in almost all cases of treatment of inflammation in the gland. They relax the muscles of the bladder neck and urethra for better drainage of fluids.
Used for long strokes.
They are intended to stimulate the body's own defenses - cellular and humoral immunity, involved in combating the inflammatory process. They are prescribed for acute and chronic prostatitis.
Herbal and homeopathic remedies
Very popular methods of treating inflammation in modern practice, if you need to avoid taking antibiotics and other synthetic drugs.
Herbal remedies and homeopathy have virtually no side effects and are relatively safe for health.
These medicines are marketed as alternative Chinese medicine, herbal and health insurance.
They are not sold in pharmacies, but are available in online stores.
Before using these medications, you should definitely consult your doctor about their safety and effectiveness.
New generation drugs
Pharmaceutical products do not stop and offer new drugs for the treatment of prostatitis, which have a better effect and have minimal side symptoms. Its special feature is the rapid penetration into the gland tissues and the cumulative effect.
In addition to the basic funds, the pills are used to treat prostatitis, which has an additional effect. The following is useful for drinking with inflammation:
- medication to reduce edema and stimulate secretion;
- an agent that has a bactericidal effect on gland secretion, normalizes leukocyte balance, relieves swelling;
- a drug that affects PSA indicators;
- medication for urodynamic correction based on undergrowth palm extract;
- pumpkin seed oil based remedy to reduce dysuretic symptoms at an early stage.
Disease prophylaxis pills
To minimize the risk of prostate disease, you need to lead a healthy lifestyle.
It is recommended to give up bad habits, play sports, eat well, avoid hypothermia and stressful situations.
In addition, in order to prevent, men can drinkspecial drugs course. . .