Chronic prostatitis is a complex pathology of the prostate, causing a violation of the structure and functioning of the organ. This disease is characterized by pain in Organs pelvic organs, problems with urination, disorders in the sexual sphere. In order to deal with the pathology and prevent the recurrence from occurring, it is necessary to consult a doctor in a timely manner. In difficult situations, it will not be possible to do without a surgical intervention.
One of the main causes of chronic prostatitis is infection by bacterial microorganisms. Pathogens can enter the organ through infected urine or rise through the urethra.
In the chronic form of the disease, the infection acts as a triggering factor. In addition, the disease can persist even after the bacterium has been eliminated. Primary inflammation of the prostate leads to disturbances in organ innervation and triggers the autoimmune process. As a result, many men face bacterial prostatitis, in which the infection cannot be detected.
It must be kept in mind that bacteria live in every man's body, but they do not always cause the development of prostatitis.
The appearance of a chronic form of the disease is associated with several factors. This includes the following:
- Deterioration of the immune system as a result of hypothermia, lifestyle disorders and other factors.
- Congestion in Organs pelvic organs - circulatory disorders can be associated with chronic constipation, insufficiently active lifestyle.
- Absence of systematic sexual intercourse.
- Chronic infections in the body - sinusitis, tonsillitis and other diseases.
- History of genital infections.
- Inflammation of the genitourinary system.
- Permanent traumatic damage to the prostate - they can be associated with increased stress in the muscle tissue of the perineum and for other reasons.
- Disorders in the diet.
- Bad habits.
As the pathology progresses, it becomes chronic. This is due to the lack of timely therapy.
Urologists distinguish several types of prostatitis, each of which is characterized by certain characteristics:
- Infectious- the cause of the disease are bacterial microorganisms that penetrate the prostate. In most cases, chronic prostatitis is caused by chlamydia. This type of disease often becomes the cause of reproductive disorders.
- Non-infectious- it is not possible to establish the exact causes of such prostatitis. Often, the triggering factor is disturbance in the structure of the prostate, which causes bladder compression. This causes frequent urine emissions. In addition, autoimmune damage to organ tissue can cause problems.
- Stagnant- its development leads to insufficient emptying of the prostate and the accumulation of excess blood. When stagnation occurs, the inflammatory process develops.
- Asymptomatic- it is not accompanied by any manifestations and does not cause discomfort.
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome- in this case, the inflammatory process is accompanied by constant discomfort in the perineal region.
To cure chronic prostatitis, you need to identify the condition as early as possible. In the early stages of development, the disease has an asymptomatic course. Therefore, many men are in no hurry to see a doctor.
With this diagnosis, the nervous system suffers in the first place. The patient has increased irritability, apathy, sleep disorders, fatigue, general weakness. Often, men with this diagnosis complain of a deterioration in appetite.
In addition, the characteristic symptoms of chronic prostatitis include the following:
- Frequent urination.
- Painful sensations of pain. They are administered in the rectum, perineum and groin area. In addition, many men experience constant discomfort in the scrotum and the head of the penis. Often, there is a pain syndrome in the sacrum area.
- Pain when urinating. Particularly severe discomfort is felt at the beginning and at the end of the bladder emptying.
- Tremors and excessive sweating. This is due to the fact that the prostate is part of the endocrine system.
- Discoloration of the skin. This occurs locally - in the projection of the pain area.
- Allocation of a small amount of secretion from the penis. This is due to the weakening of the prostate tone. When the diseased gland is tensioned, it cannot retain a certain part of the content.
- Sexual disorders. Chronic prostatitis has problems with erection and ejaculation. With a decrease in testosterone synthesis, a loss of libido is observed.
Any signs of chronic prostatitis are reasons to seek medical attention. If this is not done in time, it will not be possible to deal with the pathology.
To identify the pathology, the help of a urologist is required. The specialist will perform the following procedures:
- Interview with patient- will help to identify pain and discomfort.
- Prostate palpation- performed through the anus.
- Groin examination- detects skin rash, skin irritation, discharge.
- Collection of prostate secretions.
These manipulations cause tangible discomfort and sometimes cause pain. However, they are very important in determining an accurate diagnosis.
In addition, to detect chronic prostatitis, you need to pass the following tests:
- bacteriological examination of urine;
- clinical analysis of urine;
- three-glass urine sample;
- urethral smear;
- scraping - helps identify the causative agent of the disease.
Hardware tests are a mandatory part of the diagnosis:
- Prostate ultrasound - helps to determine the size of the gland, identify tumor formations or cysts;
- Urofluxometry - allows to evaluate the rate of excretion of urine;
- Computed tomography;
It is very problematic to eliminate chronic prostatitis completely. This is due to the fact that many men go to the doctor too late. But with complex therapy, it is possible to achieve a stable remission.
To deal with the disease, you need to choose a number of methods that affect the inflamed outbreak. To choose a treatment regimen for chronic prostatitis, you need to consider the following resources:
- the patient's age;
- disease symptoms;
- inflammation stage;
- the state of the immune system.
If the chronic form of the disease has caused complications, the doctor may recommend surgery. However, in most cases, therapy of the disease includes the following components:
- taking antibiotics;
- normalization of blood flow in Organs pelvic organs and elimination of edema in the prostate;
- symptomatic therapy;
- the use of anti-inflammatories;
- the use of popular recipes;
- correction of the diet.
A full course of treatment helps to achieve stable results and improve the patient's condition. However, the effectiveness of the therapy depends a lot on the patient's mood.
If the cause of the condition is bacterial microorganisms, doctors should prescribe antibacterial agents. They must be taken until the level of pathogenic bacteria is normalized. It often takes a long time.
It should be borne in mind that, in non-infectious forms of the disease, the use of antibiotics is strictly prohibited. They will cause serious damage to the body and will cause immunodeficiency.
When choosing a specific medication, the doctor must take into account the following characteristics:
- composition of pathogenic microflora;
- the risk of unpleasant consequences;
- the body's sensitivity to drugs;
- duration and methods of application;
- the possibility of combining drugs with other methods of therapy.
The symptomatic treatment of chronic prostatitis depends on the manifestations of the disease. The clinical picture can be different depending on the form of the disease.
However, inflammation of the prostate is always accompanied by urinary disorders. In these situations, patients are given alpha blockers. These funds guarantee the normalization of Organs genitourinary organs.
An essential part of therapy is strengthening the immune system. To prevent autoimmune aggression, immunomodulators are often used. To increase the body's defenses, products containing zinc or echinacea can be used. It is also useful to take pumpkin seeds. All of these substances successfully deal with pathogenic bacteria.
In addition to this therapy, vitamin complexes are necessarily prescribed. These funds initiate the cell repair process and increase resistance to pathogenic bacteria.
Anti-inflammatory therapy involves using medications to fight inflammation.Most of the time, rectal suppositories are prescribed, which include the following components:
Morpholium-methyl-triazolyl-thioacetate - helps to normalize tissue repair;
- Ichtammol - helps to improve blood flow;
- Propolis - suppresses the inflammatory process and helps to strengthen the immune system.
With an increase in temperature parameters, NSAIDs can be used. These funds are highly effective.
Physiotherapy methods for the treatment of chronic prostatitis can quickly improve the patient's condition and obtain stable results. There are many effective methods that benefit from this diagnosis. The main ones are listed below.
Under the influence of warm water, it is possible to relieve the inflammation of the affected tissues.Therefore, men with this diagnosis are advised to take hot baths systematically.It must be kept in mind that the water must not be too hot.
Medicinal plants or sea salt can be added to the water. To stop the inflammation and deal with the pain, decoctions of marigold or chamomile are appropriate. Sage also has an excellent effect.
During the procedure, blood circulation improves, pus is removed and metabolic processes are restored. People with this diagnosis must take these baths systematically.
In that case, an electrical effect is used to fight prostatitis. The most effective method is electrophoresis. In addition, doctors often prescribe indutotherm for the perineal area. With the help of this effect, it will be possible to cope with discomfort in the prostate in about 70% of cases.
It is important to take into account that therapy of chronic pathology will not give quick results. In some situations, physical therapy treatment takes several weeks or even months. However, the result is worth it. Therefore, it is very important to strictly follow medical recommendations and not interrupt treatment ahead of time.
Numerous studies have confirmed the effectiveness of using laser exposure in the fight against pathology. The technique does not take long and does not cause pain.
This treatment is performed when the bladder is half full. This will help to eliminate prostate secretions in the urine. During the procedure, the patient should lie on his back and relax. Through a layer of gauze, a laser effect is exerted on the perineum. This is done through the skin or intrarectally.
There are many other techniques that can help you achieve excellent results:
- Ultrasonic exposure.Under the influence of high frequency vibrations that cannot be heard, it is possible to successfully face prostatitis. They also help with prostate adenoma;
- Ultraphonophoresis.In this case, the therapeutic effect is obtained by combining the effect on the body of exposure to ultrasound and the drugs administered during the procedure;
- Magnetotherapy.A constant magnetic field can be applied to eliminate chronic inflammation in the prostate. A low frequency field is also frequently used;
- Microwave therapy.In this case, a high frequency electromagnetic field is applied;
- Darsonvalization.In such a situation, a pulsed current of high frequency and voltage is applied;
- Plating.When using this technique, the therapeutic effect is achieved due to the action of a low voltage and low frequency direct current;
- UHF.With this method, the capacitor plates are taken to the damaged tissue. The therapeutic effect is obtained by the action of an electric field.
To make traditional disease therapy more effective, you can use effective folk recipes. The most effective means include the following:
- Pumpkin seeds.In the first manifestations of the disease, it is necessary to start eating 30 seeds a day. A great option would be honey and pumpkin balls. For this, 500 g of raw seeds must be crushed with a meat mincer and mixed with 200 g of honey. Make balls the size of a medium hazelnut with the composition. You need to eat 1-2 balls daily.
- Pumpkin flour.The seeds need to be chopped in a blender. As a result, they must acquire the consistency of a powder. Consume 2 large spoons 30 minutes before meals. Drink the composition with water. This is one of the most effective treatments for prostatitis. To prevent relapse of the disease, you need to take a course during the year.
- Aspen bark.In order to give the desired results, it is important to properly prepare the raw materials. The bark should be harvested in late April, before the first leaves appear. The composition must be very dry and crushed. Then, take a plate with a capacity of 1 liter and fill a third with peel. Fill the remaining space with water. Leave for 2 weeks and then strain well. Drink 1 large spoon of infusion 3 times a day.
- Curly parsley.For the treatment of chronic prostatitis, the seeds and roots of the plant are used. It is also very beneficial to consume parsley juice. This should be done 30 minutes before meals. Some people turn the seeds of the plant into powder. Then, they should be poured with boiling water and kept on the stove for another quarter of an hour.
- Garlic.To make a medicinal tincture, you need to take 5 cloves of garlic, add 500 ml of boiling water and leave for a day. Then filter the composition and drink 50 g, which should be done every day before meals.
In order for folk remedies to bring the desired results, you must follow the following recommendations:
- During the therapy period, lead a healthy lifestyle;
- Homemade recipes are very useful to complement with massages;
- Be sure to tune in to a long period of therapy;
- Don't be afraid of side effects. Most of the ingredients in these products successfully cleanse the body and remove harmful substances from it.
If unpleasant symptoms appear during the therapy period, you should see a doctor. The course of treatment usually lasts for a month. In some situations, longer therapy may be necessary. It is very important to complete the treatment.
The main reason for the development of prostatitis is the violation of blood flow in Organs pelvic organs. This is what becomes the trigger for stagnation. To improve blood flow, you need to activate it through physical activity. This is the most effective method for treating congestive prostatitis. With a bacterial infection, exercise is unlikely to bring tangible results.
To eliminate the symptoms of chronic prostatitis, it is useful to do the following exercises:
- Squats.This is one of the most effective therapies. You need to squat deeply - this alone will give you tangible results. You need to do 100 of these exercises a day. If it is difficult to do this immediately, you can divide the movements into 3 approaches. With the appearance of leg pain the next day, one can judge about the weakness of the muscle tissue in the legs and the unsatisfactory blood flow in Organs pelvic organs.
- Scissors.Each leg needs to do 20 of these movements.
- Raising legs.This exercise should be done lying on your back. Up to 20 repetitions should be done at a time.
Massage is an effective method of fighting prostatitis. It needs to be done several times a day. Thanks to this, it will be possible to deal with the gland's stagnation.
This method of therapy is used in extreme cases, when other methods do not allow you to cope with the disease. To combat chronic prostatitis, a special instrument is inserted through the urethra. With your help, part of the affected tissue is removed. Usually, with this diagnosis, transurethral resection of the prostate is used.
Thanks to this, it is possible to face not only chronic prostatitis. This technique is actively used to combat organ adenoma. In more complex situations, it is impossible to do without an open operation. In this case, after the surgery, the patient will present scar defects in the skin.
To eliminate chronic prostatitis, it is very important to eat well. With this diagnosis, overeating and eating foods that do not mix well should be avoided. It is best to abandon coffee, fatty meats, canned and canned foods.
Alcoholic beverages also have a negative effect on prostate health. If you want to avoid constant exacerbations of the disease, it is necessary to completely abandon the use of alcohol.
Complete smoking cessation is also important.Nicotine has a very bad effect on all organs, and the prostate is no exception.To deal with the pathology, you need to eat right and walk more outdoors.
It is very important to make adjustments to your diet. Instead of fatty meats and sausages, you should be eating lots of fruits and vegetables. They taste excellent and are of great use to the body.
This nutrition reliably protects against harmful bacteria, which often cause inflammation in Organs genitals. After a few days of this nutrition, the state of health will visibly improve.
If you don't start pathology therapy in time, it can cause dangerous complications. The main consequences of chronic prostatitis include the following:
- Erectile dysfunction.In men, the production of ejaculation decreases or there is a complete absence of it. Power is also seriously deteriorating.
- Violation of urination.
- Acute urinary retention.
- Narrowing of the bladder.In this case, the man cannot urinate at all.
- Oncology.These diseases develop with the prolonged presence of chronic prostatitis.
- Disorders in the functioning of the nervous system.Many people face depression, excessive fatigue and increased irritability. In addition, men often experience a state of apathy.
- Scar injuries of the prostate. The inflammatory focus causes a violation of the gland structure. Gradually, the tissues are replaced by scars. As a result, the agency's work is seriously hampered. These changes are called fibrosis.
- Damage to the entire reproductive system.In advanced prostatitis, there is damage to the testicles and inflammation of the appendages. Vesiculitis often develops, which is an injury to the seminal vesicles. As a result of these processes, reproductive functions are greatly reduced and infertility develops in a person.
To avoid exacerbations of chronic prostatitis, you need to follow the following recommendations:
- Avoid hypothermia, do not sit on cold surfaces;
- Visit a urologist annually for an examination;
- Do not tolerate the urge to urinate;
- Refuse alcoholic beverages during an exacerbation of the disease and do not consume too much alcohol during remission;
- If you need to sit for a long time every hour, warm up - it should last at least 5 minutes;
- Have an active sex life, avoid long breaks;
- Use a prostate stimulant;
- Avoid injuries to the perineum;
- Fight constipation.
Chronic prostatitis is a very complex pathology that negatively affects man's sexual activity and seriously impairs his quality of life. To deal with this violation, you need to consult a doctor in a timely manner and strictly follow all his recommendations. Only in this case will it be possible to obtain noticeable results.
Numerous analyzes on the treatment of chronic prostatitis indicate that this disease can and must be combated.
- "When the symptoms of prostatitis appeared, I did not go immediately to the doctor. Everyone hesitated to talk about his delicate problem. As a result, I had very serious problems that had to be solved for a long time. After about six months of complex therapy, I was subjecteda second exam. I am very happy that there is no trace of prostatitis. "
- "Prostatitis is a very unpleasant problem. It all started with severe hypothermia, pain in the lower back and prostate, discomfort when urinating. I held on for a long time. When I went to the doctor, I was already diagnosed with chronic prostatitis. It cannot be completely cured. Therefore, the goal of therapy was to achieve stable remission. I want to tell all men not to delay the visit to the urologist. "
- "My husband was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis a year ago. This is a very serious medical condition that affects quality of life and sexual activity. It took a long time to be treated. After a few months of therapy, the situation improved remarkably. it was not possible to completely cure the disease ".