Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate (prostate) in men. According to statistics, it is the most common urological disease in the 25 to 50 age group. The main causes of the disease can be divided into 2 groups: infectious and non-infectious. In most of the reported cases, the causes of prostatitis are specifically non-infectious.
Many factors are involved in the development of the disease: smoking, hypothermia, regular alcohol consumption, sedentary lifestyle, infections in the genital tract, which eventually spread to the prostate. It can also negatively affect prostate health and tight underwear, allergic reactions, trauma, severe stress, constipation and prolonged urinary retention.
The impetus for the manifestation of the disease is usually low sexual activity or long abstinence. Because of all these factors, hormonal changes occur, blood circulation in Organs pelvic organs is interrupted and lymph stagnation occurs. This, in turn, lowers the immune system, which makes the prostate very vulnerable to infections and viruses.
Prostatitis can be divided into 3 forms: infectious, acute and chronic.
The causes of the infectious form can be various types of bacteria, viruses, fungi and Trichomonas. As a rule, the development of infectious prostatitis occurs due to the entry of sexually transmitted infections in the prostate. Most of the time, they are infections like chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis. Going from the urinary channels and from the bladder to the prostate through the lymphatic or blood vessels in the pelvis, the infection damages the blood supply to the prostate, causing congestion or (in very rare cases) blood poisoning. But it does not always cause the development of inflammation - this requires the above factors, without which the disease may not manifest itself.
The acute form of prostatitis is the main cause of unpleasant and painful sensations when going to the bathroom. Often, the patient also has fever (up to 40 degrees), chills, malaise, pain in the perineum. In the acute form, prostate edema occurs, due to which normal urination is interrupted. At the first symptoms, an appointment with the urologist should be made immediately, as any delay in treatment can lead to the transformation of the disease into a chronic form. At the same time, in acute prostatitis, the chances of full recovery are almost always high, although complex treatment is necessary. It usually includes antiviral drugs, ultrasound, physiotherapy, reflexology and prostate massage.
The chronic form of prostatitis develops 3-6 months after the start of the acute form, if no treatment has been carried out. In this form, the disease may remain invisible for a long time, but under certain conditions, exacerbations are possible. The danger of prostatitis is that it can carry other, much more unpleasant diseases: vesiculitis, fibrosis, inflammation of the appendages and then erectile dysfunction (impotence) and, as a result, infertility.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies
Prostatitis in the acute form or with complications is treated only in a hospital under the supervision of doctors. They perform complete diagnostics, PCR, urofluxometry, blood and urine tests, detect the presence of dangerous viruses or bacteria. And only then, depending on the proven reasons, are antibiotics, immunostimulants, lasers and physiotherapy prescribed. Severe cases may also require surgery.
The treatment of prostatitis at home will only be effective in the absence of complications or with recurrence of the chronic form. Typically, folk remedies for prostatitis are designed to reduce pain, increase immunity and help eliminate pelvic edema.
Squat for prostatitis
When the cause of prostatitis is inflammation (not bacterial infection), there is a possibility that the disease is caused by a breach of the blood supply to the pelvis, which affects the prostate and the muscles around it. And there is no better way to restore blood circulation than regular squats. Test yourself first: stretch your arms, lift them above your head and do as many squats as you can.
They must be deep squats "until the end", that is, so that the pelvis does not extend at the knee and the trunk does not lean forward, creating the illusion of performing the exercise. If you can do this exercise 80 to 100 times, you have a good chance of healing. If you quickly develop pain in your legs and pelvis, it is a clear sign of weakness in your leg muscles and problems with blood circulation in the prostate and other pelvic organs.
You may not do this exercise every day, but limit yourself to 3 times a week. If you can't sit down 80 times, try to split the execution into several approaches: 4 times 20 times, 2 times 40 or 50 times. For maximum efficiency, the interval should not be too long - 3-5 minutes.
Also try to complement the squat with other exercises:
- Lift your legs on your stomach (about 20 times per approach), but you should not do this exercise 100 times so as not to try too hard;
- Make "scissors": sit on the floor, find a hand rest behind your back, lift your legs in the air and cross them, leaving your right and left alternately at the top. Also with this exercise, don't try too hard.
Along with the squat, these exercises should work out a total of 100-150 times - so treating prostatitis at home will be more effective and medications may not be needed.
Other exercises for prostatitis
- Lie on your back, bend your legs and place them over you - your knees should reach your face. With your arms around your legs, lie down for 3-20 minutes. This exercise for treating prostatitis will also be very effective, but you must be very patient. And the longer you can stay in that position, the better. But don't overdo it! More than 20 minutes at a time is highly discouraged.
- Perineal massage is also one of the most effective exercises against prostatitis. Do it in the morning, right after sleeping, to relieve prostate congestion.
- Another effective exercise is done just before your morning meal. Stand at your full height, bring your legs together and do one third of your normal squat. Freeze in this position and start moving your knees forward one by one: to the left and then to the right. Do this exercise for 5 minutes. You can repeat the same thing at night. This is a very complicated method and it may not be easy, but if done regularly, you will get used to it and will not only be able to cure prostatitis, but also perform its regular prophylaxis.
Pumpkin seeds for prostatitis
Pumpkin seeds are very popular in the treatment of prostatitis. This is a very powerful folk remedy that is both affordable and inexpensive. They contain a large amount of zinc, necessary for a man of any age - their daily portion is contained in just 30 seeds. Just eat dry seeds before meals every day and you will see an improvement quickly.
Another way is to peel half a kilo of seeds and pass them through a meat grinder. The main thing is that they are not fried, otherwise you will not get the desired effect. Add 200-250 grams of honey to them and stir. With the resulting dough, make small balls no less than a hazelnut. Store these balls in the refrigerator, tidying some before use.
Eat these balls one at a time, half an hour before meals, twice a day. But do not swallow quickly, but chew slowly for several minutes. As a rule, this treatment is very effective and one course per year will be sufficient to prevent relapse.
Treatment of prostatitis with hazelnut
To prepare this product, you need bark or leaves - both will be equally effective. You can even use one at a time, but it is advisable not to mix them. It is also important to remember that the husk takes twice as long to ferment.
Pass 1 tablespoon of the product in 1 cup of boiling water, cover with a lid and let it ferment for half an hour. Then strain and drink a quarter of a glass 4 times a day. To ferment, you can use fresh and fermented 1-2 times, although fresh, of course, will be more effective. This remedy usually helps to relieve the symptoms of prostatitis in one week.
Prostatitis Aspen Bark
Aspen bark is as effective against prostatitis as the hazelnut bark and leaves. To do this, the bark of the poplar must be collected before the sap flow begins, before the buds and leaves begin to bloom. This usually happens in mid-April. The thickness of the shell can be any, but preferably 3 mm.
The peel should be dried a little in the shade or in the oven, then take 100 grams, grind and pour into a 0. 5 liter jar. The bark is poured with 200 grams of vodka, but to cover it completely. Then, the bottle should be tightly closed and fermented in a dark place for 2 weeks. Then, strain the dye into a cotton cloth or sieve.
An infusion of 20 drops per quarter of a glass of water is used, 3 times a day before meals. Usually, the poplar tincture obtained is sufficient for about 2 months.
Treatment of prostatitis with absinthe
Absinthe is a wonderful remedy for almost all inflammation of the genital tract as it is very effective in killing a purulent infection. A complete remedy can be prepared with just 100 grams of dry wormwood. It must be carefully chopped and sifted through a kitchen sieve. The herb that has passed through it is suitable to be taken in dry form - dry absinthe, due to its strong bitterness, has a cleansing effect on the body, killing all types of infectious agents and parasites.
How is absinthe treated? The algorithm is simple:
- To begin, you will need to swallow a pinch of crushed dry grass for the first 3 days, watered. This should be done every 2-3 hours, including at night. It doesn't matter whether you do this before or after eating. It is very important that during the first 3 days you cannot take a break, even during the night. This is a very difficult procedure, even due to the difficulty of swallowing the bitter herb, but such a course will help you not only in the fight against prostatitis, but also with other infections.
- In the second stage, it is necessary to drink absinthe 5 to 6 times a day, 4 days in a row, taking breaks only at night.
Throughout this course, you must follow a strict diet. Otherwise, the strength of the treatment can be significantly reduced.
- It is advisable to exclude the bread or reduce its quantity to 200 grams, but not fresh, but at the time of "lying down" a little;
- Eliminate meat, fish, sausages, eggs, sweets, cheese and other dairy products from the diet;
- Make sure to exclude alcohol and tobacco;
- But at the same time, you can freely use a variety of cereals, nuts, fruits and sunflower oil.
During the course, you may experience an exacerbation of some latent illnesses, joint pain and general weakness.
Parsley for prostatitis
Parsley is an extremely healthy plant that has many medicinal properties. In particular, this includes the ability to stop inflammation and normalize the functions of Organs genitals. In cooking, we use parsley because of its intense flavor, but in fact, it is a powerful medicinal herb and contains many beneficial trace elements and vitamins.
For example, 100 grams of parsley contain the daily requirement for vitamin A, which makes parsley very beneficial for your eyesight. At the same time, the vitamin C content in it is several times higher than in lemon. In addition, parsley contains inulin (natural insulin), which effectively regulates blood sugar levels and has a beneficial effect on the intestines.
To fight prostatitis, you need to drink a tablespoon of parsley juice 3 times a day for half an hour before meals. You can also use chopped parsley seeds: pour a glass of boiling water over them and boil for 15 minutes. Take the broth 5-6 times a day for a tablespoon.
Herbal prostatitis treatment
Herbal medicines for prostatitis are very old and proven remedies. For centuries, the recipes used in folk medicine have reached us virtually unchanged. Below, we list the most effective of these recipes:
- Squeeze the celandine juice from the freshly harvested stem and mix with alcohol in the proportions of 1 to 1. Take the infusion in the morning before breakfast. For the first time - one drop of infusion per 50 grams of water, and then gradually increase the dosage so that by the end of the month there are already 30 drops.
- Another recipe for the treatment of parsley: add lingonberry root, hawthorn and valerian. The plants should be chopped and mixed and then filled with a glass of boiling water. Then, you need to strain the solution with a cotton cloth and drink half a glass 2 times a day. This infusion will be very effective for the infectious form of prostatitis.
- To treat prostatitis with cloves, grind the dry plant and pour a glass of boiling water over it. Next, everything is done as in the previous recipe: filter the dye with a cotton cloth and use half a glass.
- Radiola pink is extremely effective against chronic prostatitis. You should pour a glass of boiling water over a tablespoon of grated roots of this plant and let it ferment for an hour. Then, the tincture is filtered through half a cup of 2 a day (usually before breakfast and dinner).
It is important to know that treatment with herbs generally takes much longer than treatment with other methods, including medications. Typically, the course lasts from one to six months. However, the advantage of herbal treatment for prostatitis is generally that it is very effective in combating not only the symptoms, but also the causes of the disease, which are often hidden. In addition, herbs rarely have side effects, unless you have allergies, and different herbal remedies can be combined without problems.
It is also important to remember: when using alcoholic tinctures, it is not advisable to consume them on an empty stomach, especially if you have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Prevention of prostatitis
Prevention is always easier and more profitable than cure later. Therefore, you should know some simple secrets that will help to prevent the development and complications of prostatitis:
- Try not to sit for too long without interrupting, especially in an uncomfortable position;
- Avoid hypothermia, especially in the pelvic area;
- Also, avoid constipation and urinary retention - they contribute a lot to the development of this disease.
In addition, regular physical activity, which helps to improve blood circulation in Organs pelvic organs, will be a very good preventive measure. A correct and well-oiled diet will also help. It should be noted that these points will allow you to avoid many diseases that await a person after 30 years.
Remember, instead of diagnosing yourself and trying to treat yourself at home, you should first consult an experienced therapist! This way, you will avoid many problems and possible complications.