The prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of human health, as potency directly depends on it. To avoid the inflammatory process in the prostate, certain rules must be observed. First of all, it is worth making changes to your lifestyle: improving nutrition, monitoring your condition, practicing therapeutic exercises and massages. If the patient is in the process of rehabilitation, preventive measures include the use of medicines and medicines from traditional medicine.
prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- IM is performed to prevent the development of the disease;
- Secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis to prevent the disease from recurring or developing into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men must follow some important rules:
- Healthy food. Diet review is one of the main points in the prevention period of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the prostate mucosa becomes irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which greatly impairs the blood supply to the prostate, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of microorganisms. pathogens.
- Refuse to bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affecting the body's metabolic processes, and ethyl alcohol burdens the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It is noted that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often violating potency.
- Consult a physician in a timely manner. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate. Don't self-medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Often, prostate inflammation is the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to dedicate at least 20-30 minutes to sport every day, especially if a man's professional activity is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate.
- Take medication. If potency problems are identified, the man needs to start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods of dealing with prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercises in preventing prostatitis is training the muscle group around the anus. To determine which muscle needs strengthening, you can slow the flow of urine during urination, count to three, and relax. So, in the same way, it is recommended to act without urinating.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the training intensity to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other standing exercises:
- Lean with one foot on the floor and with the other, do big swings back and forth 80 times. Then switch legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and perform leans 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in the supine position:
- Alternately, pull your legs towards your stomach, then spread them wide apart.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then sit down, stretch your legs in front of you and reach them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, to a position perpendicular to the floor, then proceed to the "bicycle" exercise.
- Lie face down on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, supporting yourself on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast bath - alternately stand under cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. It is recommended before bed.
Healing prostate stimulation
As a preventive measure, it is recommended to perform prostate stimulation. At home, you can significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal function of the male genitals.
This massage helps:
- improve blood flow, nourishing the gland with oxygen and other useful substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection;
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, due to which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, he needs to carry out 2-4 sessions a week. When performing a wellness procedure as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Hand massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on squeezing and releasing the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Enema decoction of chamomile officinalis. The water jet massage should be performed for a short time, holding it inside you.
- Urological Massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When performing a massage, care should be taken not to worsen the condition by damaging the mucosa of the anus. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- prostate stones;
- tumors of different etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a comprehensive examination to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you must follow proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase urine output, which will remove from the body the pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis.
Men are advised to consume around 3000 kcal a day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g of protein;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fat (vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- lean beef, poultry and fish;
- soybeans, pulses;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or extracts from the prostate of a bull. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate, increasing secretion production and eliminating stagnant processes.
As a rule, urologists prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in Organs pelvic organs, which helps to eliminate inflammation in the prostate.
Also, for the treatment and prevention of prostate, it is important to consume sufficient amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long term. Men are recommended to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
An alternative method is the use of dietary supplements, which can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men's health. It is involved in testosterone synthesis, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also methods of traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. I. oats with husk and 700 ml of water. The drink is boiled for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. Then the decoction is left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Nuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be consumed in their pure form, at least 100 g a day, or they can be made into a medicinal mixture. To do this, a glass of walnuts is passed through a meat grinder with a whole lemon and added to the dough of 1 tbsp. I. Honey. The mixture must be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. I. In addition, nuts passed through meat grinders can be diluted with 1 tbsp. I. Sunflower oil. The remedy in this form is recommended to be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning, while the effectiveness is increased if it is washed down with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent remedy for preventing prostatitis. To prepare it, 2 teaspoons are enough. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk hot, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate. They can be eaten pure and dry. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp. I. seeds.
- A decoction of birch leaves gives an anti-inflammatory effect and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate. To cook: 1 tbsp. I. raw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Sbiten honey is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and relieve the inflammatory process in the prostate. Take 1 tbsp. I. before going to bed on an empty stomach, spreading in a glass of warm water.
Traditional medicine methods are effective, but they can provoke an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using them, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain human health, it is necessary to follow preventive measures. Timely treatment will help to avoid the consequences of the disease.