The cure for prostatitis in men can be found in almost any drugstore. The choice of types of drugs and means is impressive for its breadth and diversity. However, each of them has its own pharmacological effect on a man's body, therefore, the choice of a specific type must be carried out exclusively by a specialist, and the chosen drug must be used strictly in accordance with the doctor's prescription.
Pharmacological groups of drugs
The list of drug groups for treating prostate inflammation looks like this:
- antibiotics. Its action aims to eliminate microorganisms that have become the causative agents of the disease. All of them are only used when a bacterial infection is recognized as the cause of prostatitis. Three main classes of antibiotics are commonly used: penicillins, tetracyclines, and fluoroquinolones.
- antiviralmedicines. They are used when the cause of prostatitis is a viral infection.
- alpha blockers. They help to relax the smooth muscle tissue of the prostate and make it easier for the patient to pass urine. They can completely suppress sympathetic nervous system activity, which causes uncontrolled contractions of the smooth muscles of internal organs. There are drugs that specifically affect the sympathetic nervous system, only interrupting its effect on the prostate.
- non steroiddrugs with anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effect. This therapy stops the symptoms of inflammation of the prostate, decreases the tone of the muscles of the organ and perineum.
- hormonalmedicines. They are intended for the treatment of inflammation, reduction of organ swelling, normalization of the process of urine excretion.
- herbaldosage forms. Made with natural plant ingredients. They are an excellent way to reduce inflammation, relieve prostate swelling, reduce pain and discomfort.
types of drugs
Today, in pharmacies, you can purchase the following types of medicines, differentiated by the method and place of exposure:
- Pills and Capsules. The difference between these forms is in their structure - in the first, the consistency is dense, while in the second, the structure consists of a gelatinous shell and the drug contained inside. Both dosage forms are taken orally (by mouth) orally before, during, or after meals. Also, some medications need to be washed off with a liquid (water);
- Solutions for injections (injections). When using this type of therapy, penetration of the drug into the organ is carried out almost instantly. Intramuscular administration is most commonly used, although some solutions are given intravenously;
- Candles- This is another effective way to treat prostatitis. The advantages of rectal suppositories are that they simultaneously have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. They are introduced directly into the rectum, the patient at this time must be in the supine position on his side and remain in this position for at least another half hour after the drug is administered. During this time, the suppository has time to dissolve and be absorbed by the mucosa. The course of treatment is usually 5 to 10 days;
- instillations. They are used very rarely and only in the hospital. The reason for this was the method of administration, thanks to which the drug is delivered almost to the focus of inflammation, and therefore the latter passes quickly. The drug is injected through the urethra, that is, the man's penis, through a catheter. This is only possible under stationary conditions and only by experienced medical staff;
- microclysters- This is another type of medication for treating inflammation of the prostate. These dosage forms are based on decoctions of herbs and their main advantage lies in the anti-inflammatory effect. True, there is one thing, but not all doctors recognize this type of treatment as a complete medicine. They consider microclysters one of the means of alternative medicine, suitable only for the prevention of prostatitis in men.
Before making a diagnosis, the doctor prescribes diagnostic tests for the patient and performs an examination.
Depending on which symptoms of the disease are observed, at what stage the prostatitis is and how far it is occurring, the type and treatment regimen are determined. For each form of prostate inflammation, the therapy and medications used will be different. It is important to consider the following factors:
- a man suffers from chronic or acute prostatitis;
- which pathogen provoked the appearance of prostatitis: infection, pathogenic microorganism;
- individual intolerance to certain drugs or their components.
Next, we briefly consider the drugs for prostate inflammation with all their advantages and disadvantages.
The most effective drugs
Prostate inflammation brings a lot of discomfort to men who suffer from this disease. Even more dangerous are the consequences of prostatitis - impotence, loss of the ability to conceive a child, oncological pathologies, spread of the inflammatory process to the entire genitourinary system. Depending on the etiology of the disease in each case, the urologist prescribes the most effective drugs for the treatment of acute and chronic forms of the disease.
Penicillin antibiotic group pills
This remedy for prostatitis from the penicillin group of antibiotics is available in tablet and powder form for the preparation of a solution for injection. It is used to treat infections caused by gram-positive bacteria. The daily dose in the treatment of tablets is 2-4 g or 4-8 pieces a day, every 4-6 hours, 1-2 tablets. The course of treatment cannot exceed 7-10 days. The dosage regimen is exclusively prescribed by the attending physician.
The following contraindications are taken into account during treatment:
- kidney failure;
- allergic reactions and their complications in the form of bronchial asthma;
- enterocolitis on the background of antibiotics.
During use, side effects in the form of dyspepsia, allergic reactions, pathologies of the genitourinary system may occur.
Sulfonamide group pills
This is probably the most effective drug for prostatitis today of the sulfonamide group. It acts on gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, as well as on some types of protozoa. The drug is so effective that the symptoms of the disease disappear after 10-12 days after starting treatment.
The course of treatment takes at least 3 weeks. The regimen depends on the severity of the disease (it is chosen by the doctor) and looks like this:
- 1/2 tablet at night;
- 1 tablet at night;
- one tablet in the morning and in the evening.
To stimulate metabolism in the prostate tissues, it is recommended to have a regular sex life during this course.
- nausea and vomiting;
- headache and dizziness;
- rarely disorders of the cardiovascular system, hepatitis.
Contraindications to taking the drug are kidney and liver failure, diseases of the hematopoietic system, thyroid pathology, individual intolerance.
Another significant disadvantage is the high cost.
The homeopathic remedy is available in the form of lozenges, used as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory. It removes swelling and returns the functioning of the prostate to normal, has a positive effect on urodynamics, reduces dysuria.
The drug has contraindications:
- individual intolerance;
- necrosis of glandular tissues;
- oncological diseases of the prostate.
The course of treatment takes about 4 months. It is recommended to take 2 tablets at the same time, separating the time to take the medicine from the meal. They dissolve in the mouth, take 2 times a day, before and after bed. With severe symptoms, you can take pills up to 4 times a day. The course of treatment, if necessary, is repeated after an interval of 1-4 months.
This phytopreparation is used to stop dysuric phenomena in chronic prostatitis. Its main active ingredient is an alcoholic extract from the fruits of the sabal palm. The drug is available in the form of capsules containing a liquid with a characteristic odor. Corrects urinary disorders and dysuric phenomena caused by prostatitis.
This medicine is taken 1 capsule a day after meals. The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the attending physician. Contraindications for use - individual intolerance, very rarely side effects in the form of allergies, stomachaches can occur.
Immunomodulator with anti-inflammatory action
This drug is used as an immunomodulator with anti-inflammatory action. The drug increases the body's resistance to infectious diseases, stimulates the activity of macrophages, neutrophilic granulocytes, which leads to the normalization of the state of tissues and organs. The tool can be combined with a course of antibiotic therapy.
Suppositories in the treatment of prostatitis are used 2 times a day, 1 piece during the first day of treatment and then 1 piece every other day. The duration of the course depends on the intensity of the inflammatory process, on average 10-15 suppositories.
The drug is compatible with other drugs, no case of overdose of this drug has been recorded. Contraindications for use - individual intolerance, a side effect such as an allergic reaction very rarely occurs.
Dietary supplement for men
BAA contains in its composition a complex of vitamins, minerals and extracts of plant origin:
- nettle root;
- African plum peel;
- ginseng root;
- ginkgo biloba leaves;
- dwarf palm fruit.
This balanced composition improves the general condition of the body as a whole and the genitourinary system in particular, prevents excessive enlargement of prostate tissues, reduces swelling and reduces the effects of dysuria.
The product is available in the form of capsules, which are taken in a monthly course of 1 piece per day with meals. If necessary, the course is repeated after 3 months. The drug is well tolerated, it is not recommended to use it for hyperthyroidism, tachycardia, high blood pressure, insomnia.
Faced with a problem like prostatitis, don't get upset ahead of time. It is necessary to urgently consult a doctor, pass all the necessary tests and undergo a comprehensive examination. Based on these data, the urologist will be able to prescribe an appropriate and effective treatment.