Prostatitis is a complex disease that affects the prostate. Its main danger lies in the fact that no manifestations are observed in the early stages of development. At the same time, the destructive processes in the body continue. The pathology causes severe psychological discomfort in men, but they are afraid to go to the doctor, so it lasts until the symptoms become more pronounced.
Prostatitis starts to develop after 35 years. The risk group includes patients with excess body weight and people who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Contribute to the onset of the disease hypothermia, bad habits, infections of the genitourinary system. To get rid of the problem, you can treat prostatitis with folk remedies at home. But this method is used only in combination with traditional medicine and after consultation with a doctor.
Prostate inflammation occurs for a variety of reasons, so there are several types of the disease, each with its own manifestations. As during the defeat of the organ there is a stagnation of the secret, the condition worsens even more. The pathology is acute or chronic.
Acute development of the disease
If the disease appeared suddenly, the symptoms will be bright and pronounced. There are such signs of prostatitis:
- an increase in body temperature at high rates (38 degrees or higher);
- feeling of pain, chills;
- pain syndrome in the lumbar region, sacrum, perineum;
- deficiency, general weakness;
- mood change;
- serious sleep problems.
There are specific symptoms of prostatitis:
- difficulty urinating, increased frequency of going to the bathroom (especially at night);
- the presence of mucus particles in the biological fluid;
- reduction in the amount of urine, change in its color;
- sharp pain every time you try to go to the bathroom.
With each minute, the discomfort intensifies and spreads to other parts of the body.
Manifestations of a chronic process in the remission and exacerbation stage
If a patient with an acute form of prostatitis has not consulted a doctor, then one should not think that the problem will go away on its own - this is a myth. It becomes chronic. Manifestations periodically disappear and become aggravated. The following signs of the disease are distinguished:
- Itching in the urethra.
- Periodic weak pain in perineum, rectum, lower abdomen.
- Increased nighttime urge to urinate, as well as retention of a small amount of fluid in the bladder.
- Problems with sexual function: erectile dysfunction, ejaculation.
- Increased discomfort during sexual contact.
If chronic prostatitis is in the acute stage, the intensity of symptoms increases slightly. The patient becomes irritable, the emotional background is destabilized.
A man often develops a depressive state, he closes in on himself. If treatment is not started in time, there is a possibility of adenoma, cancer.
Distinguishing symptoms of different types of prostatitis
There are different types of prostatitis according to the etiological factor:
|type of pathology||Feature|
|Infectious||Such prostatitis is caused by various pathogens. It is characterized by a dysfunction of the genitourinary system, there are changes in the composition of blood and other biological fluids|
|bacterial||Such prostatitis is caused by various pathogens. It is characterized by a dysfunction of the genitourinary system, there are changes in the composition of blood and other biological fluids|
|calculating||It develops due to the presence of calculi (stones) in the gland. This type of disease mainly occurs in elderly patients. A person has the following signs: pain in the pelvis or sacral area that intensifies after sexual contact or other physical activity. Due to damage to the organ walls and ducts, a small amount of blood is found in the urine. Erectile function is disturbed, irritation, apathy appear|
|stagnant||There are no changes in the composition of biological fluids. The symptoms of prostatitis are mild. The patient has difficulty urinating, sometimes the temperature rises, pain is felt. The patient is in a state of anxiety. He can have sex, but it is accompanied by discomfort, weakening the intensity of the orgasm.|
|Purulent||This case is considered the most difficult. Over time, the symptoms become more intense. A person has pain, fever and pus is released from the urethra|
The symptoms of prostatitis in men are very similar to each other and have only a small difference in the characteristics of the manifestation. If the disease is not treated, the patient develops impotence, problems urinating and psychological disorders.
Prostate treatment at home
Many patients expect the disease to go away on its own, but the reality is quite different. The longer a person puts off a visit to the doctor, the faster the pathology will become chronic. It is curable, but this requires timely examination and an integrated approach.
Prostatitis therapy should address the following goals:
- Destroy the pathogenic microflora that causes the inflammatory process.
- Improve microcirculation and blood circulation in the prostate.
- Remove swelling and congestion.
- Provide an increase in potency.
- Activate the production of prostatic juice by the gland.
- Block the symptoms of the pathology.
Home treatment is allowed if the disease has no complications.
Advantages and disadvantages
If the decision is made to use folk methods at home, then you should first get the doctor's comments. Proven old recipes have the following advantages:
- Some herbs contain natural antibiotics, so the fight against the disease is more effective.
- Medicinal plants combine a large number of useful substances, therefore, they have a multilateral effect.
- Stimulates the body's defenses.
- Herbs cause fewer side effects than medications.
- Herbal remedies can be used for a long time.
- They relieve the stress and nervous tension that accompanies prostatitis.
- The drugs shown can be used for prevention.
- They are able to get rid of several problems at once.
- There is the possibility of combination with drugs.
But this type of treatment also has some disadvantages. Herbs are also capable of causing an allergic reaction, enhancing or weakening the effect of traditional remedies.
Indications for prostatitis
Alternative prescriptions are used if pharmaceuticals are contraindicated for the patient (there is an allergic reaction or other restrictions). It is possible to apply these methods of therapy in the early stages of the development of prostatitis. It is best to consult your doctor first.
types of treatment
You can cure prostatitis quickly if the therapy is complex and the patient follows all the doctor's advice. The fight against the problem includes medicines, folk remedies, massage, physiotherapy. A person will also have to follow the rules of rational nutrition.
Patients receive the following medications:
- Rectal suppositories. They are used to improve metabolic processes at the site of injury, eliminate spasms, inflammation.
- Immunomodulatory injections.
- Ines. These pills stop the pathological process and relieve symptoms by reducing the intensity of inflammation.
- Enemas based on solutions with medicinal herbs.
- Instillations into the urethra with drugs.
- Antibiotics. They are used only after agreement with the doctor and imparting the sensitivity of bacteria to the active substance.
- Muscle relaxants. They are prescribed by prescription and are only used if other medications are ineffective.
- Alpha blockers. These medications help to relax smooth muscles and restore the urination process.
- Means that restore blood circulation in the pelvic area.
Appliances for physiotherapy
You can cure prostatitis in men at home with the help of physical therapy procedures. For this, it is not necessary to visit the clinic. Modern devices are compact, so they can be used at home. The following devices are considered the most effective:
- vibrators. They help to get rid of pain, eliminate stagnant processes (due to the influence of products from the gland, it is possible to get prostatic juice). The muscles of the perineum are toned, the intensity of inflammation is reduced.
- electrical impact. The electrodes can be rectal or cutaneous.
- magnetic influence. This technique allows you to remove prostate swelling, pain. At home, it is permissible to use an ordinary magnet. Just place it in the perineal region daily before going to bed.
The presented devices give a good effect, but they also have some contraindications for use. You cannot use them in the presence of proctitis, neoplasms in the rectum, with exacerbation of a chronic disease.
It will not work to completely cure prostatitis in this way if it is in a neglected state. However, by using special devices in conjunction with medications as well as other methods, recovery can be accelerated. In difficult cases, the patient requires surgical intervention.
To prevent surgery, it is necessary to start treatment at the early stages of the development of the pathology. At this stage, folk recipes will be effective:
|Onion||You will need 100 g of vegetables and 600 ml of dry white wine. The components are combined and infused for 10 days. Then the liquid is filtered. You need to take the drug for 3 tsp. before meals. For its preparation, onion skin is also used. It is washed, placed in an enamel pan, poured with 700 ml of water and boiled over low heat for 5 minutes. The medicine is infused for an hour. After straining, the liquid can be drunk at 0. 5 tsp. three times a day.|
|Chamomile decoction||It is used for sitz baths that relieve pain and general discomfort with prostatitis. The plant has an antiseptic effect.|
|poplar bark||It requires 100 g of crushed raw materials and 200 ml of vodka. The mixture must be infused for 2 weeks in a dark place. Drink the drug should be twice a day after meals to 1 tsp. The course of therapy is 10 days.|
|pumpkin seeds||To normalize the condition, you need to eat 30 pieces a day. Another 500 g of raw material can be twisted in a meat grinder, mixed with 200 g of natural honey. Balls are rolled from the mixture and consumed 1-2 per day. The course of therapy is 1 month. The medicine must be stored in the refrigerator. It is important to be careful here: bee products often cause allergies.|
|Parsley||The plant's seeds must be ground into powder. Then 2 tsp. raw materials are poured with 100 ml of water. The mixture should be boiled over low heat for 15 minutes. With prostatitis, you need to drink liquid three times a day before meals, 1 tsp.|
|Garlic||It takes 3 cloves of vegetables to cut, put in a thermos, pour a glass of boiling water and leave to infuse overnight. Take the medicine should be 100 ml twice a day on an empty stomach.|
|blooming Sally||Requires 1 tbsp. I. crushed plant pour 200 ml of boiling water. After infusion (40 minutes), the liquid is filtered and consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. I.|
|Sodium bicarbonate||With prostatitis, it acts as an antiseptic for the preparation of baths and lotions. For this, 1 tbsp. I. powder is diluted in 1 liter of water. Before using, the liquid should cool down a little.|
|Propolis, dead bees||It is necessary to combine 1 part of raw material with 2 parts of medicinal alcohol and refrigerate for 14 days. In addition, 35 drops of the product are dissolved in 100 ml of heated milk and consumed three times a day before meals.|
|Cowberry, birch, nettle, horsetail, goose cinquefoil, sage leaves||All herbs are taken in the same proportions, poured with water (250 ml) and boiled for 15 minutes. The remedy is taken after meals, 50-100 ml.|
|sagebrush||Grass remarkably copes with purulent prostatitis. It takes 100 g of dry raw materials to grind into powder. At first, a pinch is swallowed every 2-3 hours (at night too). After a few days, the grass is used 5-6 times for 4 days.|
|Hydrogen peroxide||It is diluted with water and used for enemas or douches (according to the Neumyvakin method).|
Also, you can apply leech treatment. They thin the blood, inject useful substances into the body. St. John's wort and milk thistle provide a diuretic effect, eliminate inflammation. It is necessary to treat prostatitis in men with folk remedies correctly, following step by step instructions for preparing home remedies.
Benefits of exercise and massage therapy
Massage will help the patient to fight the pathology. Reviews about it are positive, as kneading the prostate helps to eliminate stagnation, restores erectile functions, relieves swelling and pain. Blood circulation in the affected tissues improves. Even the patient's wife can do this. It is important that your movements do not cause discomfort. The evaluations of therapeutic massage are positive, but they must be performed correctly, observing the contraindications.
No less useful is gymnastics for prostatitis. Just do the simplest exercises every day to improve the condition of the inflamed organ very soon. A man needs to be half-sitting and alternately lifting his knees. You can contract and relax your anus muscles for 10 seconds.
Acute prostatitis is characterized by very bright manifestations. In the chronic type of pathology, there are periods of deterioration and remission. The diet contributes to the stabilization of the life process. The diet should include vegetables and fruits, fresh juices, salads, nuts, lemon, celery. For each patient, the menu is selected individually. If he follows the rules of nutrition for prostatitis, then he can achieve the following result:
- Normalize blood circulation in the affected organ.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Stabilize bowel function.
- Reduce bladder mucous membrane irritation and remove pain.
- Reduce the frequency of going to the bathroom at night.
Fatty and spicy dishes, spices, strong coffee, alcohol should be excluded. You will have to follow the diet after recovery to avoid relapses.
Additional recommendations for home treatment
A feature of prostatitis is a slow and often asymptomatic course. This situation is typical for the early stages of development. To get rid of the problem, you need to take into account the following advice from doctors:
- Keep your weight within the normal range.
- Eliminate all products made from wheat from the menu.
- Take probiotics.
- Replace animal protein with plant protein.
- You should not bear it if you want to go to the toilet (the risk of developing an infectious process in the urethra is excluded).
- With prostatitis, it is better to give up coffee and drink green tea.
- Do sports (you should not overload the body, and all exercises are performed during remission).
- Drink plenty of fluids (to avoid intoxication of the body).
Implementing simple rules will allow you to quickly overcome prostatitis.
Lifestyle with prostatitis
For the effective restoration of the affected tissues after prostatitis, it is necessary to follow the treatment tactics chosen by the doctor. Drugs must not be abused. A man should not cool down or overheat his genitals. It's best to avoid casual unprotected sex so you don't get an infection.
Behavior change includes increased physical activity, dietary changes, and regular sex.
If a person has a sedentary job, then every hour he needs to walk for 5 minutes, perform simple gymnastic exercises.
Sex is great as a prostate massage, as in the process there is a reduction in the tissues of the organ, microcirculation improves and a man's emotional state stabilizes. Regular sex life prevents stagnation of prostatic juice. If it is not possible to commit an act with a woman, a man can use masturbation. The main thing is to achieve the effect - ejaculation.
Complications and prevention of prostatitis
If prostatitis is not cured in a timely manner, then a man will develop complications: urethritis, erection problems that can make an impotent person from a healthy person. The disease is fraught with infertility. The long course of the pathological process triggers irreversible tissue changes. Subsequently, the cancer develops. Prevention of prostatitis is the patient's compliance with the recommendations of doctors:
- Exercise regularly and don't spend too much time sitting in one position.
- Follow the principles of proper nutrition.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle (healthy lifestyle).
- Abandon bad habits.
Prostatitis is a dangerous disease that needs to be treated when the first symptoms appear. Folk remedies, physical therapy and medication will help to get rid of the problem quickly and effectively.