Any violation in the body is easier to prevent than to treat. Prevention of prostatitis will help a man to prolong a full life. It is for this reason that several effective methods have been developed to prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate. Consider what is the prevention of prostatitis in men.
Specialists cannot immediately say with absolute certainty that the patient has prostatitis, as this type of disease has many symptoms. Despite the large number of manifestations, doctors have established the main ones, in the event that it is advisable for a man to immediately contact a urologist.
The main signs of the disease:
- Pain during urination.
- Burning when going to the bathroom "little by little".
- sexual problems.
- The appearance in the urine of filamentous white inclusions.
- Discharge from the urethra.
The main symptom of an exacerbation of the disease is pain during urination. The inflamed prostate becomes larger in size, due to which the urinary channel is blocked.
Primary prevention at home: medical advice
The aim of primary prevention of prostatitis in men is to prevent the disease and prevent its development. Experts advise starting primary prevention at age 25.
The main ways of dealing with the disease:
- Eat at least three times a day.
- Eat fresh fruit more often.
- Do not smoke.
- Do any sport.
- Men who have a sedentary job need additional physical activity. Doctors to get the necessary loads are advised to play sports. Proper swimming, tennis, jogging in the morning or evening, visiting the gym.
To prevent prostatitis at home, it is advisable to do regular exercises that activate blood flow throughout the human body.
The most effective method is regular sex. If absent, experts advise masturbation.
For a man, the right intimate life means:
- Communication with a trusted partner (sex is considered regular at least twice a week).
- If not a verified partner, contraceptive use is recommended.
- Do not interrupt sexual intercourse.
- An active sex life significantly reduces the possibility of prostatitis in men.
It is advisable to visit a urologist regularly if the condition is already bothering a person. You need to visit a specialist every couple of months to prevent inflammation, which is difficult to treat.
What else does the prevention of prostatitis in men involve?
You can also do gymnastics at home, doing such exercises: "birch", "gym bridge" and "bicycle". These exercises tone and stretch your pelvic muscles. After gymnastic exercises, it is advisable to take a hot shower. You can even train your pubic muscle as you work. To determine its location, you need to stop the flow for a few seconds while you urinate and then release it. When the jet is delayed, the man will feel the pubic muscle and understand how to train it correctly. This type of exercise is recommended to be performed according to the following scheme:
- In the first two weeks, no more than five approaches per day are allowed.
- One approach includes ten muscle contractions.
- The third and fourth weeks - ten approaches a day (one approach - also ten cuts).
- After the fourth week, fifteen or more approaches are made (at the man's discretion).
Such an exercise is performed at any convenient location. In this case, the most important thing is not to overload this muscle for the first three weeks.
Special exercises for preventive purposes at home:
- Stand up straight, rest on one leg and swing the other. It is recommended to do one hundred swings on each leg.
- After bed or before, take a contrast shower - change the water temperature every twenty seconds.
- Spread your feet shoulder-width apart and bend to the sides.
- Lie on your back, straighten and bend your legs. In the extension process, spread your legs to the sides.
- Hold your breath for fifteen seconds.
- In a sitting position, stretch your legs and reach your toes with your fingers.
A man needs to choose the most suitable exercises and do them every day. With regular performance of the above exercises, the percentage of disease is significantly reduced.
Secondary prostate prevention
This type of prostatitis prevention in men is desirable for men who have already had prostatitis. Such actions are necessary to prevent the transition of the disease to a chronic form. The main methods of secondary prevention:
- The use of special drugs that are prescribed by the attending physician.
- Visit a urologist every three months.
- A complete exam every six months, even if the disease no longer worries you.
- Every year after forty years to do a prostate ultrasound.
- In secondary prevention, specialists prescribe rectal suppositories that work through the patient's rectum.
Exacerbation of prostatitis can cause:
- Body hypothermia.
- Unlimited consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Unprotected sex with an untested partner (venereal disease).
- Wrong nutrition.
- Drug addiction.
All the actions listed above significantly increase the percentage of prostatitis.
Also, experts do not advise eating foods that are too salty, spicy, and sour. Prevention of prostatitis in men with drugs is also carried out.
With prostatitis, drug prophylaxis involves taking medications that prevent stagnation of blood in the pelvis, reduce swelling, and stop inflammation of the prostate.
It should be understood that drugs for disease prevention must be prescribed exclusively individually by the attending physician.
If there is a history of bacterial prostatitis, antimicrobial agents can be used to prevent prostatitis in patients.
You can also use medication in the form of rectal suppositories to prevent the disease. Suppositories for injection into the rectum are used both to prevent inflammatory processes and during exacerbation of chronic prostatitis.
Prevention of prostatitis in men with drugs should be carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
The cost of drugs from various groups differs significantly. Available preparations are sold in tablet form. Cheap pills for the prevention of prostatitis in men can now be purchased at any pharmacy.
It is necessary to separately highlight this group of drugs for prostatitis as alpha-blockers. Medications affect the hormonal processes that take place in the male reproductive system and help eliminate the prerequisites for prostate swelling and inflammation. As drugs interfere with the chemical reactions in which testosterone participates, it is necessary to be examined by an andrologist before use.
This is essential in preventing prostatitis. Not only drug prevention of prostatitis is effective. Folk remedies are also used with great success.
People's healers to prevent prostatitis recommend the use of homemade honey, dried fruits, nuts and other products that have vitamins and minerals in their composition. Prostate functionality is significantly affected by zinc, which is found in chicken meat, white seeds, fish meat, onions and pork.
People are advised to use several of these products at the same time:
- Homemade honey with peeled white seeds.
- Nuts and honey.
- Dried fruits and honey.
It is advisable to consume about thirty white seeds a day, which have the highest zinc content. No less effective in preventing prostatitis in men with folk remedies is burdock root, which contains many useful acids, fats and vitamins. These substances do not allow the disease to progress. In addition, healers advise eating pears, and in winter cooking compotes with them.
Products for the prevention of prostatitis in men
When introducing prostate-friendly foods into the diet, you need to understand how important they are to a man's body as a whole.
It is recommended to include low-fat fish and meat dishes in your menu. The method of preparation should be as follows: steamed or boiled.
Such healthy foods are those that are rich in amino acids, protein elements, which in turn have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
To maintain the optimal functioning of the body, it is necessary to ensure that the body receives a sufficient amount of vitamins, amino acids and mineral vitamins. In the processes of inflammation of the prostate, these substances become indispensable.
That's why you need to include fruits, vegetables, certain herbs in your menu. They can be consumed even in the initial stage of prostatitis without medical advice. After all, it is known that this disease often appears due to an unbalanced diet and excess weight.
The following foods are good for the prostate:
- Chicken eggs that have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the body due to lecithin, a special substance they contain.
- Red fish, lean meat, turkey, chicken breast are essential sources of protein for the body.
- Pumpkin seeds contain a lot of zinc and vitamins, which are very helpful for the normal functioning of the prostate.
- Tangerines, oranges and other citrus fruits increase immunity, maintain the degree of acidity of male seminal fluid.
- Seafood contains useful mineral components that are indispensable as a source of substances necessary for normal spermatogenesis.
- Nuts are involved in metabolism, stimulating it, as well as in the production of prostate secretion.
- Dairy products are an important item in the diet, as they improve the functioning of the digestive and gastrointestinal tract, reduce stagnation in the pelvic region. Ryazhenka, cottage cheese and kefir should be in the diet of every man who is attentive to his own health.
Preventing prostatitis at home is quite simple, but you need to take it seriously.
What products are prohibited
From the diet you need to exclude (or minimize) some foods that increase inflammation in the prostate.
Food must necessarily have a minimum amount of cholesterol, as it is deposited on the walls of blood vessels. As a result, the total blood circulation in Organs pelvic organs is reduced.
The diet at the same time must be balanced, contain proteins, which are a kind of building material necessary for the production of testosterone and reduce prostate inflammation.
It is necessary to use all means for the prevention of prostatitis.
For men, the following products are harmful:
- Salt. It retains excess fluid in the body, increases blood pressure, which negatively affects the prostate.
- Alcohol. The lobes of the organ degenerate, as a result, indicators of sperm quality are violated (spermatozoa can lose their viability).
- Smoked products.
- Beer. Due to the abuse of this drink, prostate hyperplasia can occur.
- Flours, pastries, hot sauces and carbonated drinks.
It should be remembered that foods that contain a lot of sugar and starch activate fermentation processes in the body, increase the formation of gases.
Products must contain the necessary number of calories and provide the body with energy. Lifestyle changes allow the prostate to function fully.
We examine how the prevention of chronic prostatitis in men is carried out. The acute form of the disease occurs due to a bacterial infection in the genitourinary system. Prevention, in this case, consists of preventing unprotected sexual contacts with strangers, maintaining hygiene and strengthening the immune system.