Almost all men perceive urological diseases as a terrible discomfort, monotony and inability to continue their personal lives normally. Many people think about how to treat prostatitis, but not everyone decides to quickly bring this problem "to the people" and share the news of life even with a doctor.
Before secretly accessing information on the Internet or asking close friends, remember that prostatitis is an individual disease and therefore requires careful and gentle treatment. You should not think that such a male problem is inherent only in antisocial people who lead an uncultural lifestyle, or those who have lost count of "sexual victories".
Some infectious types of prostatitis:
- bacterial. The reason for the appearance of this type of infectious prostatitis is the active effect on the body of bacteria: Escherichia coli, staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and streptococcus. These microorganisms can enter the prostate or other organs directly through the blood or lymph.
- viral. The reason is the activation of cytomegalovirus, herpes virus and human papillomavirus, which can threaten not only the prostate but also other organs.
- Mycoplasma. They are caused by intracellular organisms - mycoplasmas, which also contribute to other inflammations in the genitourinary system.
- Trichomonas. Cause in men the simplest - Trichomonas.
- Gonorrhea. This type of pathogen - gonococcus, can also cause prostatitis at any age.
- chlamydia. In men, it is the most common type, caused by intracellular organisms - chlamydia.
- Tubercular. Koch rods, which are found in the prostate, are most often transferred from other organs, which indicates a serious illness in a man with tuberculosis.
- fungal. It is likely a non-infectious prostatitis as it is caused by a person's own microflora - Candida fungi, which are activated when the body's overall immunity wanes or when antibiotics are taken uncontrollably.
- Mixed. There is a defeat of the prostate by two or more types of infection, but, fortunately, they are recorded infrequently, as it is very difficult to completely cure this type of prostatitis.
What does medicine offer?
Treatment of prostatitis is the process of eliminating inflammation or congestion in the prostate. This is correct, but it should be understood that it is possible to be successfully cured only if the cause of its occurrence is eliminated. So, how to treat prostatitis in men correctly?
For treatment in the sanatorium, outpatient or hospital of the best clinic, one should always start with a diagnosis, identifying the cause of a male problem. It is necessary to establish by means of a smear of the urethra why the pains in the lumbar region, in the lower abdomen began, if there is an infection or bacteria in the prostate. In the presence of infectious-bacterial causes, antibiotic therapy is prescribed. Its timing in each case is individual, depending on the degree of damage to the body from the infection.
Prostatitis at age 25 years is most often caused by systematic hypothermia. In pursuit of fashion, young people, from the transition period, wear "terribly beautiful" but not warm (jeans) things. Therefore, in this case, antibiotic therapy will be necessary, but not so serious.
The stressors that caused prostatitis should be treated by a neurologist. Most often, electrophoresis, relaxing massage, and vitamin therapy are prescribed.
Important! If the cause of prostatitis is not eliminated, any method of treatment can be not only useless, but also dangerous.
Basic treatment regimen
Prostate disease is quite dangerous, so only a doctor should prescribe a course of therapy.
How to cure prostatitis more effectively? The most used methods are described below:
- Antibacterial drugs. Effective only if the prostatitis is infectious in nature.
- Alpha blockers. They act on the smooth muscles of the prostate muscles, which contributes to their speedy recovery.
- Hormonal agents. They help to quickly remove hormonal disorders in a man's body.
- Muscle relaxants. Relieve tension in the striated muscles of the prostate.
- Phytopreparations. Made from medicinal plant components, they are used as adjuvants in the treatment of prostatitis.
- Physiotherapeutic methods.
- Folk remedies.
- Surgical intervention. Appointed only when all of the above methods have not been effective.
Methods to deal with the problem
Laser therapy, or laser treatment of prostatitis, is used for subacute and chronic forms of prostate disease. This allows to increase the male body's defenses and heal acini. Before the procedure, the bladder must be partially filled.
In the chronic form of prostatitis, the laser is often used along with medication. It is effective in severe forms of prostatitis that occur without pronounced signs. A man may feel better after the first course of laser procedures.
Indications for the use of the laser:
- congestive and bacterial forms of chronic prostatitis;
- urogenital infections;
- copulative dysfunction and interreceptive infertility, which revealed itself as a result of prostatitis;
- neurovegetative prostatopathy and prostatitis with prostate adenoma;
- urethral stricture.
Novelty in prostate treatment - a patch for prostatitis (click the link for detailed information! ). The urological umbilical patch, made in China according to a recipe that came from antiquity, contains extracts of medicinal herbs (safflower dye, cinnamon, Asian banana, ringing, two-tooth yolk, dubious Corydalis and Borneo camphor).
This complex has a strong stimulating effect on the prostate in both 19-year-old boys and men in adulthood, increasing blood circulation and reducing inflammation. Its use effectively relieves pain in the scrotum and perineum, stops the development of edema and improves the urination process. Obviously, nonspecific prostatitis cannot be treated with just a patch; additional antibiotic therapy will be necessary.
Chinese healers call it "patch for real men" and they are sure that this is how prostatitis is treated at home and gets rid of the disease really in just a few months, as the therapeutic effect of a patch lasts at least 3 days. Some experts are a little skeptical about the statements of Chinese colleagues and do not undertake to answer unequivocally whether it is possible to completely cure prostatitis with a patch. This question is still open.
Antibiotic therapy for prostatitis
When an infection is detected, doctors prescribe drugs to which certain microorganisms are sensitive. It should be borne in mind that not all antibiotics are able to get into the tissues of the prostate, this sometimes complicates the healing process.
If the infection is not completely destroyed, relapses of the disease are possible.
Antibiotic groups for prostatitis:
- cephalosporins (3rd generation);
- penicillin group;
The course of treatment should last at least 4-8 weeks. Each drug is prescribed only by a doctor and only after examination of the patient.
Alpha blockers can be treated when sphincter opening is impaired. It is necessary to quickly treat smooth muscle spasm so that the man has an increased rate of urination and a decrease in the pressure of urine on the walls of the bladder. The course of treatment is at least 1. 5-2 months.
Can prostatitis be cured with hormone therapy? In its single use - no. They are effective only in combination with other procedures, they contribute to the normalization of hormone levels in the body of men, a decrease in the number of glands in the tissues of the prostate, which makes inflammation less intense.
Physiotherapy can be an excellent additional method in combating the disease.
Physical therapy methods that can be used to treat the condition include:
- massage directly into the prostate;
- strengthening (relaxing) the pelvic muscles;
- impact on trigger points (myofascial trigger);
- neuromodulatory treatment.
Shall we put a leech?
The way to treat prostatitis with leeches today has found a renaissance. To treat prostate disease with hirudotherapy, you will need the knowledge and qualifications of a physician. Leeches cannot be placed on some areas of the skin - inflamed and where the skin is too thin, there is a possibility of prolonged bleeding.
"Bloodsuckers" are placed on the anus with prostatitis according to the "X" scheme, where the center of the letter is the anus and its ends are leeches. According to another scheme, leeches are attached on both sides of the middle seam of the perineum, retreating 2 cm. Usually no more than 4 leeches are attached to one session, the entire course consists of 4-5 days with mandatory breaks of about a week.
How prostatitis was treated among people
Prostate problems in men have always been, don't think this is a "21st century disease". How to determine prostatitis was known in ancient times. All popular methods of treatment can be combined with the main methods, as well as preventive measures for men at an early age. The most popular remedies are propolis, parsley, pumpkin seeds and red root.
Surgery for prostatitis is indicated only when it becomes vital. In other cases, doctors try to avoid surgical intervention in such a delicate place.
The operation is assigned only in some cases:
- Obstruction of the urethra, when there is a narrowing of the urethra. At the same time, it becomes impossible to go "small" and the only way out is surgery. In most cases, phimosis is added to the obstruction, when it is difficult to open the glans of the penis.
- Prostate drainage with your abscess. With the accumulation of pus in the tissues of the prostate, it is necessary to remove it from there and rinse the cavity. All manipulations are carried out with a special needle.
- Restoration of the seminal vesicles when they have lost their function as a result of inflammation, so that the removal of secretion from the prostate is difficult.
- Partial or complete removal of the prostate. Required for sclerotic changes in the prostate or adenoma. It is named only when all methods have not given positive results.
Prostatitis can be cured with an integrated approach, including the use of simple sports exercises, as it is associated with congestion. It is necessary to increase the blood supply to the prostate and its oxygen supply. To do this, you need to perform a series of exercises that will increase blood flow to your muscles.
- press exercises.
The well-known birch exercise can easily be done at home several times a day.
A good result in the treatment of the disease gives a combination of medication and prostate massage.
A method based on mechanical action on body tissues with hands or special devices. The essence of the procedure is that the skin and muscle receptors perceive the irritations and transmit them to the central nervous system. As a result, the tone of the central nervous system increases, and through it a positive effect is exerted on the activity of all physiological systems.
Contraindications for prostatitis should be considered when choosing any treatment method.
- In the acute form, it is impossible to analyze the secretion of the prostate because of the intense pain; in some men, this procedure can cause painful shock. You should not perform any physiotherapeutic procedure (massage, heating, etc. ).
- It is strictly forbidden to drink and smoke as this leads to impaired venous circulation and irritation of the prostate. Proper nutrition is the key to a healthy prostate, so sodas, energy drinks, smoked meats, spicy and fatty foods should be avoided.
- Massage is not done in case of an acute and bacterial form of prostatitis, with malignant neoplasms in the prostate area, in the presence of stones and violation of urination. Also, do not massage with hemorrhoids, proctitis, paraproctitis, adenoma and some diseases of the urinary system.
- In chronic prostatitis, mud therapy, sunbathing and water procedures are impossible, which can lead to overheating or hypothermia of the body.
And finally, no less important question - where to treat prostatitis? Only in a specialized clinic under medical supervision. Some procedures can be done at home, but must be agreed with the attending physician. Remember that a healthy prostate is a man's comfort, a calm and intimate family life and strong offspring.