As a therapy for prostatitis, both drug treatment (pills, suppositories, injections) and non-drug treatment (massage, physical therapy) can be used. There are at least 150 different types of drugs on sale, which, according to the manufacturer, help fight prostate inflammation. Those patients planning a successful treatment need a preliminary consultation with a urologist.
Before using any composition, you should find out everything about it: what the drug contains, what is its pharmacological effect, what are the indications and contraindications. It is also helpful to learn from the experience of those who have had treatment and get feedback from recovering patients.
What is the difference between drug release forms
With prostate inflammation, the greatest danger is that pathological microflora will continue their journey through the male reproductive system. Without proper treatment, the patient receives:
Without tests, it is impossible to determine what kind of cause is caused by prostatitis. Treatment must be based on the etiology of the disease, only then will it be effective.
The main causes of prostatitis and methods of therapy:
- Stagnation in prostate tissues. Mild anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed, the use of antibiotics is not advisable. A good effect is given by means that stimulate the work of the blood and lymph vessels that supply the prostate.
- bacterial infection. This is the most dangerous of all possible variants of the disease. Strong antibiotics are necessary, otherwise the inflammatory process will spread through the urinary system and cover the urethra, bladder and kidneys. As the infection progresses through the reproductive system, the testes and shaft of the penis suffer. In the future, there will be impotence, acute infectious prostatitis and acute pyelonephritis. On an outpatient basis, the patient uses antibacterial drugs and immunomodulators, while in a hospital setting, a powerful course of immunostimulants and antibiotics targeted against specific pathogens. Treatment takes place under the control of tests.
- Viral infection. Rare, requires immune system support. Medicine cannot offer any specific measures, other than taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Malignant and benign tumors, prostate hyperplasia. In this case, in addition to medication, the help of a surgeon may be necessary. After the diffuse or nodular pathological process is eliminated, the state of the prostate returns to normal.
According to the form of release, the following types of drugs for prostatitis are distinguished:
- injections. They are used in a hospital, in severe cases they help to quickly stop the inflammatory process in the tissues of the prostate.
- instillations. This term refers to the introduction of a drug into the prostate through the lumen of the urethra. This procedure is usually performed by a urologist. About 5 ml of the drug are injected per volume.
- Candles. The most common method of treatment at home, a very convenient and popular form of release. All kinds of drugs for prostatitis are produced in candles: analgesics, antiseptics, vasodilators, antibacterials, immunostimulants and others. The course of application of suppositories should be from 5 to 21 days, after the end of therapy, the patient must undergo a control urine test.
- pills. In some cases, it is advisable to use oral agents that have a systemic effect. This form of release has unconditional advantages: with prostatitis against the background of a genitourinary infection, several foci of the pathological process can be destroyed simultaneously.
- Microclysters. Classic treatment. It consists of influencing the prostate through the wall of the rectum. This is a very safe and convenient method, the only disadvantage of which is the preliminary emptying of the intestines. Therapeutic enemas differ from the usual composition and low dosage.
- ointments. They are relatively rarely used in the treatment of prostatitis because of their inconvenient application to the perineum.
At the same time, you can use different forms of drug release, for example, tablets and suppositories. The choice of treatment strategy should be guided by the recommendations of the treating physician.
Attention! Control tests should not be performed earlier than 2 weeks after the end of the last drug use. Those patients treated without the system have a high risk of chronic prostatitis and impotence.
The most popular and cheapest drugs
The prices of different drug groups differ significantly, it is also important to consider where the drug is purchased. In large pharmacy chains and online pharmacies, it is always cheaper than in small and little-known pharmacies.
Fact that! The doctor does not prescribe a specific name of the drug, he indicates the active active substance. The doctor's prescription is deciphered by the pharmacist. It is profitable for such a specialist to sell an expensive drug, so the patient should ask about cheap analogues.
Separately, it is worth noting a class of drugs for prostatitis such as alpha-blockers. Medications affect the hormonal processes that take place in the male reproductive system and help eliminate the prerequisites for inflammation and swelling of the prostate. As the drugs interfere with the chemical reactions in which testosterone is involved, it is necessary to be examined by an andrologist before use.
Attention! There are a number of products that reduce the effectiveness of alpha blockers.
Diet is a mandatory part of the treatment, otherwise the result will be disappointing.
What do people say?
Those patients who have undergone therapy under the control of analyzes and regularly consulted with their doctor believe that cheap drugs for prostatitis are no less effective than their expensive counterparts.
Male, 39 years old
Friends advised a well-known composition for prostatitis. They praised it a lot, said that it gives a wonderful effect, but somehow it didn't help me. There is no result. Maybe it's time for me to see a normal urologist? Stop talking to friends.